Do you need a Multivitamin?
The short answer is yes. For as much as I would love to get all my nutrients from food, sadly this is no longer possible. Our soils are depleted of precious nutrients and we would need to eat wagons full of produce to get the same amount of nutrients our grandparents did.
However that being said, I do not believe you can supplement your way out of a bad diet. I view Supplements as a way of filling the gaps our food can no longer fill.
Choosing the right supplement can be quite a challenge. What I know about the Supplement Industry is what I learned from studying Holistic Nutrition. Know that not all supplements are created equally and that most are "super charged" thus overwhelming our bodies. Sadly most aren't even bio-available, meaning that our bodies cannot absorb them and we end up flushing our money down the toilet...literally.
Over the years I've tried tons of different supplements. Ones from Whole Foods, ones sold only by Functional MD's, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists... none made a difference. This is why when I received my doTERRA LLV (Life Long Vitality) Supplement Pack, I was reluctant and extremely hesitant to try them. To be honest the only reason I did was because they offer a "30 day money back guarantee" if you do not feel less aches and pains, more energy and vitality within this timeframe. I had already decided to "commit" to these supplements for 120 days because that is how long our red blood cycle is. So I knew to feel the full benefits I would have to give it some time. Somewhere between the second and third week I started to feel a difference. I was shocked. I kept taking them and still do to this day. Here are some of the things that I have personally noticed: my hair and nails started growing and becoming stronger, my skin looks amazing, my circulation has improved tremendously, my sleep and mood has improved, my brain feels "on", I now have lots of energy and no longer have shoulder and neck pain.
So what makes these supplements so special (besides the fact that they actually work)? They are all infused with Essential Oils which help to clear off the cell receptor sites so that the cells can communicate better with each other. They are food based, in the right form and right amount.
What's in the LLV Pack?
1. Microplex VMz, Vitamins & Minerals from whole food sources. This also contains 72 bio-available trace minerals which help to allocate the vitamins in the body where they are needed.
2. xEO Mega, healthy fats! This contains Omega 3, 6, 9 and 5. These are the good fats that nourish our brain which is almost 80% fat. They are critical for cardiovascular health, they provide lubrication for proper elimination that is critical to our longterm health. Finally they provide clean fuel, energy and stamina.
3. CRS+, super antioxidant, cell protection. It's a free radical scavenger. This contains Turmeric, Ginko Biloba, Coenzyme Q10, Green Tea Leaf Extract, PomegranateFruit Extract...and the list goes on.
Cleansing and Digestion
60-80% of our immune system is based on our digestion. Did you know that there are more neurotransmitters in the digestive system than in the brain? The state of our digestive system has an affect on our thoughts. Do you have negative thoughts? Bad memory or brain fog? Do you have 2-3 healthy bowel movements a day? The average American has 2-3 a week! Yikes! How can we expect to be healthy when our immune system is compromised? We need to start with our digestive system. The lack of nutrient absorption compromises the immune system, mood and brain function. How will you be healthy with a poorly functioning digestive system?
I always say: "We are not what we eat. We are what we digest and absorb". Here are the two supplements that I take daily to support the "cleansing & digestion process":
1. Terrazyme, digestive enzymes. This includes 10 different enzymes to help you digest, assimilate and eliminate so that your pipes don't get backed up with waste. I take 1-2 with every meal depending on how heavy the meal is or if I am flying.
2. PB Assist, probiotics. It is vital to take a probiotic daily. Sadly we get lots and lots of antibiotics whether we choose to or not. Antibiotics are found in our drinking water, hand soaps, and food. The PB Assist populates good flora in our intestines which are essential for proper digestion. These probiotics contain prebiotic fiber (food for the probiotics) and are double encapsulated to ensure they "survive" our stomach acid and reaches our intestines and repopulate the good flora.
If you would like to give these supplements a try you can do so by clicking here. Follow the instructions on the right-hand side of the website, but instead of buying an oil kit, you will choose "Welcome Pack/Kit" that is $35. Basically, this is your wholesale membership for the entire year (similar to Costco) and you can purchase vitamins or anything else you might want at wholesale prices (25% OFF). Choose LLV (Lifelong Vitality Pack), Terrazyme and PB Assist and check out, that's it! Contact me if you have any questions here.