Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
In case you needed an excuse to have chocolate at any (or every) meal. This smoothie is creamy, chocolatey and packed with nutrients. I hope you enjoy this delicious and guilt-free chocolate treat as much as I do!
1 medjool date
1/2 ripe large avocado or 1 TBS coconut oil
1/2 frozen banana
2 TBS cacao powder
1 TBS hemp seeds
1 TBS chia seeds
1-2 tsp maca powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
1 cup ice
Blend all the ingredients, except the ice, until smooth. Add the ice and blend once more until frosty.
One of the things that I love about this smoothie, besides the fact that it is delicious, is that it is full of some of my favorite “Superfoods”:
- Medjool Dates are full of minerals and fiber.
- Cacao is one of the most anti-oxidant rich foods in the world. It is also one of the best plant based sources of magnesium.
- Hemp Seeds are a great source of protein, heart healthy Omega-3's, and minerals.
- Chia Seeds are full of fiber. Just 1 TBS provides over 1/4 of our daily requirements. They are also rich in Omega-3's, protein and minerals.
- Maca is indigenous to the highlands of the Peruvian Andes, where it has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It helps support adrenal strength and function, provides energy and stamina and helps combat fatigue.